Putting Everything Together: Editing Blog

 To start the editing process, first all the good shots needed to be picked out from the bad ones. Aja and I went through everything that was filmed and critiqued all of the shots. Once that was done, the best shots were gathered together. The software app iMovie was used to place all the videos in order. Although I did not physically participate in the editing process, I was the one who put in some input. I gave my opinion on how the shots should be put together and what type of sound effects were to be used. The first step in the editing process was to lay out the raw footage and the amount of time spent on each scene. I gave my opinion on speeding up some scenes because there was over 9 minutes of raw footage. One scene that I proposed should be sped up was the first scene. This was to create more tension. While, the last scene could be slowed down as the opening sequence comes to a conclusion. I also included that the seen where my partner pulls out of the driveway while leaving me behind should be sped up. This is because it was not nearly fast enough to show that she was desperate to save herself and run away from the murderer. To make it more realistic I thought that it should be sped up. A scene that need to be kept at a constant or slower speed should be the scene where the two actors speak to each other and when the murderer walks in. This is so the storyline would be more present in the film. Another part that I helped my partner with is cutting the lengths of the scenes. As the opening sequence was way to long a lot of cuts need to be made. This is obviously going to include the begging and end of the each of the scenes filmed as they were not apart of the actual story. I gave my opinion on a scene that needed to be cut like how long University of Miami's campus would be shown for.  



Comments