Difficulties in the Production Process

Throughout the long process of filming and editing I come across a lot of hardships. From the start of filming, there were already a lot of difficulties. This included the search for a set to film at. There were many places that my partner and I wanted to film at, however most of them didn't allow it. The first option that was on the table was an abandoned house that was on the beach as this would be the most realistic. This ended up not being a good set because it was not there anymore. Then my friend offered her dads parking garage, but I did not think the scenery matched the story very well. Finally, the Galleria Mall was the final set and permission was granted to film in this place. Also, finding a place for the beginning of the opening sequence was very difficult as filming could not take place at the school I go to. Finally, deciding upon University of Miami, the drive was about 2 hours to even get to the set. I felt bad because I had to ask my dad to drive my partner and I there on his day off. Another huge difficulty was scheduling. This is because the time where the actors had an availability to film changed so much. Actors were crucial in the filming process so it took a very long time to finally finish filming. Days that they could film I couldn't because I had work and piano lessons. Finally the filming process was finished after tons of difficulties. Now its time for the editing. The hardest part for this was finding good music that fit with the film. My partner and I both came to the conclusion that royalty free music would be used because dealing with copyright issues would take to long. It was difficult to find good royalty free music as almost none of them fit with the video. Finally 2 songs were chosen. Throughout the production process there were many difficulties, but I still had fun. 



Comments