Final Touches: Editing Blog

After all the clips were put together for the final opening sequence, it was time to move on to the next part of editing. This included the music, visual effects, sound, and the titles. I gave my opinion and suggestions while my partner was editing. The first idea that came into my mind was that instead of only using one song for the entire song, another one should be included. This is for the scene where I am chased by the villain and end up dead. In this scene I was thinking that a creepy song should be used for the diegetic sound. After searching on YouTube Aja and I found creepy royalty-free music. The next part that was worked on was the sound effects. This included foley effects. For example, footsteps were recorded for the scene where I was running in the beginning and ending. This was done with platform heeled boots and a concrete ground. It turned out very nicely. The next sound effect that was worked on was a gunshot sound. I suggested that this sound should be used because it makes the whole scene way more realistic. The last step for the editing process was putting in the titles and visual effects. This was the most important part of the entire project. It is very essential in an opening sequence to give credit to the people that worked on the film. I put together all of the titles as my partner put them into the opening sequence. We looked closely at the video to find the right timings where it would fit well in. This concludes the editing!





Comments